Old 08-26-23, 11:47 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by EVlove
Hi all, I've been lurking here for a while and while I still haven't raced, I did attend the "try the track" clinic at Northeast Velodrome today and had a blast. More here, and sorry for the left side shot of my bike. Sugino road cranks and ring.

Racing today was an Omnium format which felt a little overwhelming as a first experience for me. I'm nearly 56 and have no racing experience at all. In the event, the other three newbies did compete and were able to do their own thing as it's a big track and the B level field got long and thin quickly. The youngest noob actually won a race by probably a quarter lap.

Hoping to be back for sprint night on Thursday, job permitting. Anyway, thanks, this thread has been invaluable for putting the bike together over the winter. The frame is from a 2005 Van Dessel triathlon/TT bike that for some reason has track ends, built up with mostly vintage parts from ads here, Craigslist, Facebook, ebay... Pinched pennies everywhere I could but still came to almost $600 with all the shipping. Fun though. One of the grizzled NEV regulars on a Tiemeyer pronounced it cool, that felt pretty good.
Hopefully you see this. It's Aki from the track. Nice to see you were here. As you can see I was on here a lot before.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Likes For carpediemracing: