-

Bikes: yes!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by BashChelik
Hello folks.
I am planing to do some long range cycling when the wheather gets better.
I have ordered myself a headlight with a cutoff but i need some good taillight.
Was researching on the web and found designshine ds-500 as a perfect candidate. Unfortunetly its not in production anymore and i cant find it anywhere.
If anybody is selling it perhaps, knows someone who is,or can point me to somewhere i can get it, i would be most gratefull.
Or if you know a good alternative, pls do tell.
I want to be safe on the road, not any cheap light will do.
I've owned the DS500 for 3+ years now, it was not cheap but I would buy it again now that I know it. DS500 is still unsurpassed, the only taillight that came close was the Dinotte Daytime Red, also discontinued. Dinotte's current Quad Red looks interesting, and on sale too:

2018 Quad RED Taillight with built in battery ? DiNotte Lighting USA Online Store

This taillight uses a proprietary rechargeable cell, so at some point it will become useless; however, Dinotte's product description suggests this cell will be long-lived. I've owned Dinotte taillight and can attest that their CS is pretty good. If you get this light consider talking Dinotte into selling you a spare Li cell - then you could probably solder-in replacement cell years later after original fails.