View Single Post
Old 08-20-19, 08:47 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Hard to say - I don't pay close enough attention as they (mostly) no longer appeal.

There is a 100-mile, ~$70 ride in my region that's really well organized - traffic control at most crossings, well-spaced and -stocked rest stops, etc - and at one time I found value in that. Now, though, I'm comfortable doing a 100-mile solo ride with one stop at a convenience store to refill bottles grab a couple snacks. Doing the organized century is certainly not getting me an additional $60 worth of food, drink, safety or camaraderie.

There's a free gravel ride that I've done a few times - the support is light (one stop with Oreos and drinks), but the price is right. I could still take it or leave it, though - it's fun to ride in a large group sometimes, but it's also sketchy sometimes.

There's one other ride that I would consider in nice weather and if I catch the discounted pricing of $25. It's mid-distance (~60 miles), has a few stops with snacks and bike mechanics, and a decent meal at the end with a beer or three included. The meal/beer alone is worth the discounted pricing and the rest of the support/festive air is a bonus.
Likes For WhyFi: