View Single Post
Old 10-13-19, 08:11 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
And I thought it was me. My big frustration with Rouvy was always that I couldn't seem to do the hills. A mountain that I attempted to climb in real life and couldn't make to the top felt twice as steep in Rouvy and I didn't even get to the harder section of the climb last year when I tried (iPhone 7 version.) When they released the Mac software a few weeks ago I tried again because I'd been discussing this mountain on a thread here and wanted to check a few sections. The area of the ride that was 5% or so was extremely difficult, and when it went to 8% there was no way I could do it. It also went to 8% resistance (or more) in advance of the screen so it just felt like the trainer froze up on me. My trainer is a Kickr Core and works beautifully with Zwift and The Sufferfest.

I wanted to like Rouvy but I found the iPhone version too difficult to use and confusing too, and while the Mac version's interface is a bit cleaner it still feels like I'm missing something. I wish there was a way to dial in resistance like there is in Zwift. It may well be that Rouvy's resistance is correct but riding outdoors has a way of lessening the mental stress. All the Zwift resistance does is give you more gears, it doesn't credit you with being superman, just if you are in your 34/26, and you are at 50% it'll feel resistance wise as if you are in a 34/52, and your Zwift speed will reflect that. I've tried Zwift at 100% and had the same trouble as Rouvy.