Old 10-14-19, 08:24 PM
Sophylong

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Centurion Pro Tour 15 FD Problem

Hello all,

Getting back into cycling after many years away and I have forgotten almost everything I used to know! 10 years ago I had all the basic bicycle tools and basic know how, but at that time due to various life events I sold all the bikes and have seem to have forgotten how to trouble shoot.

Recently got back into riding for exercise and picked up a Centurion Pro Tour 15 for $40. It had a mix matched group set on it and so I went about mix matching it even more!

The biggest problem is the crank and FD. I had a compact FSA BB30 sitting around collecting dust which obviously wouldn't mount and also had a single speed I put together about 5 years ago that I held on to. The Centurion came with a square taper triple. I removed the triple and mounted the Sugino AT cranks on to the bike and the FSA had the same BCD so the rings went on too. The original FD is a clamp on and the only FD I had laying around was a 105 braze on so i left the original FD on.

The L limit screw adjusted outboard enough to engage the smaller ring but im having difficulty getting into the big ring. It went in 1 in 20 times or so during my test ride. H limit is maxed out. Im thinking the FD is a little high, but im not sure because I believe the original triple was also a 50 tooth. It looks like if the crank arm was about 2mm closer to the frame of the bike that would work too, but I feel like I shouldnt tighten it any further. Could it be a spindle length issue?

Everything else is working well. I had a full 105 10spd set, minus chain, sitting in a box in the garage so that all bolted on and has been adjusted. Funds are still tight so I'm hesitant to bring it into the LBS. Is there any hope for me!? Ive lost 17 pounds these past few months so I thought I deserved the $40 upgrade bike, but its turning into a bit of a nightmare.

I'd love to post a picture but apparently my post count is too low. I can email it to someone if they'd be able to post it for me.

V/R
Sophy