View Single Post
Old 12-09-12, 10:02 PM
dminor 
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
eric, you have a very good eye! 1971 TS125 with the factory race kit (because, of course, this was still a couple years before Suz. came out with the first race-ready TM125). Tank is the stocker - - was bondo'd to fill the emblem mounts and smoothed over. Chain tensioner was my own creation and yes, the shocks are aftermarket Boge mounted lay-down to try to mimic the then-new long-travel style (remember Bob Fox cutting up Maicos to move the shocks forward?). My dad and I also cut, narrowed, rounded and re-welded the rear frame loop to ditch the ugly old wide, rectangular loop and fender. We also built our own fiberglass still-air box - - another new trend at the time.

That bike got 5 or more custom paint jobs at my hands, including gold leaf flame jobs, pearlescent overcoats and even airbrushed mini-murals. I liked changing up the look a couple of times a season . . . just because I could (and because I read a lot of Rod & Custom ). One of the last ones before it got retired, sunrise on one side/sunset on the other:

Last edited by dminor; 12-10-12 at 12:54 AM.