Thread: JensonUSA
View Single Post
Old 01-10-19, 12:45 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3245 Post(s)
Liked 2,092 Times in 1,184 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoopdriver
I hadn't known this. Interestingly enough, I placed an order with them on 12/30 for a number of Shimano items, which I expect to arrive today. A check of their website shows that as of 1/1/2019, they no longer display any Shimano items if you select USA as your location. Set it to the UK and the items then appear.

Since Niagara has closed, I have been trying out other online vendors. Jenson was one of them for my most recent purchase. Their prices on the Shimano stuff was only marginally above ChainReaction, so I would have gladly ordered from them. The bigger problem is that of the 5 items (4 were Shimano) that I purchased from ChainReaction, only 2 of them were listed by Jenson. I've run into this before where items available in Europe were not available to US dealers, whether this was because QBP, UBS, etc. just did not stock or because the manufacturer had some restriction.
It's hit and miss with Performance and Nashbar now-a-days and anybody's guess if either will be around to deal with returns. I use Jenson a lot, they're a reputable store, hate the website though. Also BikeTireDirect, which carries a lot of stuff other than tires and tubes. Cambria on occasion, not as good a selection of stuff as compared to Jenson. I also use Texas Cyclesport for groups, very competitive to the UK stores.