Old 07-29-19, 07:04 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
If one clicks on Analyze in free Strava, one sees graphs of speed, power, heart rate, cadence, and temperature. The spikes I see in Strava are very short, some over 300w, and preceded and followed by zeros. I know that I was not coasting, then briefly sprinting, then coasting again. I see similar spikes in TrainingPeaks. During climbs, I saw very brief power dropouts while I was pedaling very consistently. My guess is that it's the PT's batteries. I'll change them. Or possibly because my Garmin was set to Smart Recording. I've changed it to 1 second intervals.

I'm not using an Elemnt Bolt because I use a Garmin Edge. I upload and display my data on my desktop.
Ok, I gotcha... I've been so used to only using the mobile app. Didn't really pay attention to the desktop site which does have a power graph. As you ride more with the PM, you will see that it does take a conscious effort to smooth out the power where it's not jumping in 80w intervals as an example.

A personal observation on my part is when I do a threshold effort for 1hr. I setup my screen to just have power and speed displayed. With speed displayed, I find myself doing what I call "micro recoveries". By this I mean, the effort is so hard that if I know the speed is up there....my mind subconsciously takes a break from pushing and I can see the momentary drop in power even though I am still pedaling.