Old 06-04-10, 09:31 AM
khatfull
FBoD Member at Large

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Saw this myself at my favorite thrift store yesterday but I'm a pure road bike guy or I would have jumped on it. I know what he paid...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...774807461.html

70's Vintage Sekine Road Bike Frame & Wheels - $75 (Victory Neighborhood,N.Mpls.)

Date: 2010-06-04, 10:05AM CDT
Reply to: sale-axpcx-1774807461@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Vintage Canadian made Sekine 5 speed road bike frame & wheels for sale. The bike is basically complete but I removed the SR bars & stem and brake levers for another project. The lugged frame measures 21 inches along the seat tube and has a 31 inch stand over height. The rims are chrome Araya and the alloy high flange hubs are Star something or other. Brakes are Shimano Tourney center pull and the derailleur is old Shimano. The frame is dirty but the pearl white paint looks like it could be cleaned and polished to look pretty nice. The rear wheel has a very cool spoke protector with the words SEKINE carved out of the disk. The original Sekine seat has some paint splatters but no cuts or holes. The chrome fork stays have some lite rust that should clean up and the rear stays ore horizontal so good candidate for fix/single conversion. The head badge is also very cool detailed metal. There is a bike license from 1977 so it has to be at least that old. Asking $75.

Call Rick at 612 715-2485

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests