Old 04-01-13, 10:44 AM
rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDcatV
i'm on a team that has some Canadian representation, i think they all have USAC licenses. I also have a team mate who is from El Salvador and one former team mate from Portugal, they use an international license and can pretty much race in any category with it.

A few years ago, there were some guys from Bolivia around here who were high level racers with international licenses for the bigger events and a USAC license that they used for beating up on cat 3/4 races for gas $. It was kind of odd when at a race i helped promote to hand a guy $ for his Cat 3/4 finish and then see him lined up in the P/1/2 wearing a different kit.
Canada as a standalone uses UCI licenses whereas USAC has their license and can get an International add on. When I was planning out the year (before retirement again) the Canadian people told me I had to have the International add-on for my license if I wanted to do Nationals up there. My 1 license is a UCI Elite Whatever license and from I understand they no longer allow multiple categories (I could not race Elite and Masters) - rbart could clarify.