Thread: Cancer
View Single Post
Old 10-20-19, 10:28 PM
Bizman

Bikes: 2014 Carbon Quest XS (Velomobile), 2014 Catrike Road (Trike), 2013 Easy Motion Max 700+ PCS (E-bike), 2011 Lynskey R340 (Road), 2011 Surly Moonlander (Fatty), 2010 Santa Cruise Tallboy (Full Suspension)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Not everyone will have the same success, but cancer is no longer the death sentence it once was.

There is hope.

Good luck to you.
I ditto this and would like to add, “if there is breath there is hope”! This goes out to the OP who started this thread and had the unfortunate words (nobody wants to hear) “you have cancer”. My mother had those words told to her 3+ years ago when she was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer, it not only changed her life but also changed my life and the lifestyle I lead now. I realized I don’t want to get cancer and then figure out how to get rid of it, I wanted to do as much as I could to never get it! in a nutshell diet and exercise (to me) are two of the biggest things I can suggest to start to help yourself. My education started when I googled alternatives to chemotherapy and learning of other alternatives/choices to standard cancer treatments.

A suggestion would be to educate yourself on the type of cancer you have and the different options you have. My mother did a few (3?, 4?) different types of chemo treatments (despite my feelings about this) none of which helped her. The last chemo treatment was new, it was devastating to her, she said no more. 3 weeks later her hair fell out, now she wears a wig. She is doing fairly well @ 83 without any treatment since January. I honesty believe she would be doing just as well (probaly better) had she never went through it. Total bills over $600,000, fortunately she has good insurance. Coincidence? If you know what I mean .

OP, if you like PM me and I will do my best to help pass on my education and things I have learned to let you know there is hope and I wish you the best in a full recovery!
Likes For Bizman: