Old 07-10-12, 03:06 PM
cwcaesar

Bikes: Canyon Endurace AL 7.0; Shimano 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
Last Saturday, June 30, in Nashville. 106 degrees.

The day before (June 29, 2012) was the hottest temperature ever recorded in Nashville (109 degrees). Nashville records go back to 1871. I didn't venture out on the 109 day, but I did on the 106 day, late in the afternoon. Short ride (around 6 miles) circling the local greenway. Drank plenty of water and saw barely a soul. It wasn't as bad as you might expect because the humidity was low. Felt more like the southwest than the southeast. Still it would be nice if we could get out of this trend of triple digit temperatures.
I got out and rode in the 109 degree heat. It was my first day back in the saddle after an almost two year layoff. I had been trying to get out all that week and something kept getting in the way. I finally got my afternoon cleared up on the day of the record heat, and I wasn't about to let it keep me from finally getting back on the bike. Just coasting I could feel the heat beating against my chest. It has felt pretty decent since then, only being around the low 100s to upper 90s.