View Single Post
Old 04-30-15, 09:46 PM
prathmann

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by daihard
Did anything make you assume we don't know the traffic laws and codes related to bicycles?
I'll admit to not being intimately familiar with the myriad municipal codes regarding bicycle use on sidewalks and town-specific parking rules. I may go through 20 or more municipalities in a given day, each of which has their own set of codes, incl. many that are hard to find with a casual search. I depend instead on the California Vehicle Code as it relates to road operation of bicycles and insures a degree of uniformity throughout the state (and by virtue of most state codes being similar to the national Uniform Vehicle Code there is at least some level of similarity across state lines). Operating a bicycle on a sidewalk strikes me as needlessly dangerous except in relatively rare circumstances and then only when done with extreme care.

But I'd expect someone (like Jim) who goes around accosting others for their supposed code violations to at least have gone to the trouble of looking them up for his own community so as not to make false accusations.