mantelclock
Senior Moment

Bikes: Velo Orange Campeur, 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FastJake
I've had my Edge Touring for about a year. It works, mostly. I will repeat what people said above about occasional software glitches and fits. If you setup a route to give turn-by-turn directions it will often crap out and stop giving the directions. But it will still show your route on the little map which is nice.

Overall I like it. But it will last less than a day, so you'll have to figure out how to charge it in the wild.

Cool setup! I particularly like the Scoop Away Panniers. I've often thought about hard-case panniers instead of the usual soft ones to better protect my stuff, keep it dry, etc. How do you like them?
You're right. I forgot to mention how the Garmin Tour leaves you cold when you're doing turn by turn. I'm not sure if it's related to "avoids" in the setup or if it's just an unpleasant feature.

I love my Scoop Away Panniers. I have about 3,000 miles on them and they do keep everything dry and protected. Plus they double as a camp seat and table. But K.L. Panniers have been discussed in other threads so...