Old 08-29-20, 11:32 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
A couple of thoughts. I had a terrible bout of prostatitus a couple of years ago due to the horn of diamond frame bicycle saddles. This caused a lot of pain in the hips area. However you mention your hip joint may be involved. Since my mid 30's my right hip has not been good. The only way I keep it from hurting bad is by taking Glucosamine Chondroitin. I buy mine over the counter at Walgrens. I take one pill a day and I don't have pain. Don't take the pill for a couple of weeks and I can't walk. Hopefully your doctor will find a solution to your pain. I've always kept a recumbent for those times of injury that made diamond frame riding uncomfortable. I also like the recumbent for longer rides. They are just much more comfortable. Good luck with your search for pain free bicycle riding.