ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2754 Post(s)
Liked 1,929 Times in 1,190 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Is it normal for there to be a different “harmonix” or sound when the chain is on different cogs?

Recently replaced my chain with a SRAM chain. Old chain was worn and the bike shop only had SRAM in a price I wanted to pay. Didn’t have any issues the first couple of rides but today everything felt off. Shifting was off, it didn’t want to down shift on certain cogs. And when I would upshift it the chain would slam down onto the cog.
The other thing was a weird noise on certain cogs while I was pedaling. When I was on the bike it sounded like my pulleys were louder than usual but it also sounded like it would be coming from the cranks. Checked nothing was lose.

Just got done servicing the bike. Re lubed the chain and adjusted the indexing. I got it to down shift fine now, chain still slams on some cogs when Up shifting.

But it also sounds different when on certain cogs almost like a brake disc is rubbing but the noise is coming from the chain.

If this doesn’t make any sense. I apologize.
Yes the sound changes with different angles and differedifferentDifferent rings too.
Make sure its lubricated sufficiently, and check its length /wear. as long as its not rattling like its out of adjustment your fine.