View Single Post
Old 02-27-21, 04:09 PM
Redbullet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 49 Posts
I switched to RGT after 3-4 years of Zwift, but such movement depends on individual taste. The drivers for change were a few functionalities that are critical for me. Examples below:

1. Drafting: maybe not a perfect algorithm, but it is 100% present and consistent in RGT. By contrast, Zwift drafting was rarely available for me. It was always a pain to be dropped after inputting 10-20% more w/kg than the majority of peloton fellows for 80% of time - the social dimension of the game was killed for me.

2. Riding with bots: In RGT, when real people are not available, you can set a course on your preferred road and populate it with a bunch of bots (say 20-30), having their powers distributed within your preferred range (e.g.: from -30% to +30% of your power). Then: you draft them, they draft you, or they draft one to another – all based on the same drafting algorithm. An excellent simulation, sometimes even better that in real life, where too big differences between riders' power can kill the peloton.

3. Build your own roads in RGT, based on real roads from your real life riding, then invite your friends to ride together, or set a number of bots to ride with you, as mentioned at point 2 above.

But, as I said, all depend on individual preferences.

Last edited by Redbullet; 02-27-21 at 04:20 PM.