Old 07-12-20, 04:23 AM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
Originally Posted by ryansu
The compact cranks works great, there are some iffy shifts in the 21 and 23t cogs but that is a result of the GPX shifters and derailleurs paired with a new SunRace 7 speed FW. The Vero Compact goes smoothly between the 50 and 34 chainrings. To make this a real climber I would need lower cogs out back but that would require a different RD which would mean the shifters too would need replacing (from what I have ready) so for now this is the blasting on the flats and rollers bike which it does quite well

Looks nice!

Since you would like to stay with the SunTour Accushift Indexing, and you are having some imprecision in a few combinations my suggestion would be to find a used SunTour Winnner Pro (the one that takes the 4 prong removal tool) or “AP” freewheel. You might have to check back frequently on eBay but eventually one will present itself at a good price. The SunTour indexing is asymmetric with the lower 3 cogs on a 7 speed being spaced 0.1 mm tighter (IIRC). This slight asymmetry in spacing makes dialing in clean indexing in all 7 gears not spot on with other brands of free wheels. I would have thought the GPX would handle a 28 tooth cog as well.