ccinnz

Bikes: Guru Praemio, Colnago CLX, 80's Avanti Giro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Bent rear dropout... I think!

Hi All

I had a little fall on my Guru Praemio, titanium frame, on the drivetrain side after which the Ultegra Di2 gears were out of synch by one gear, when shifting down ie I couldn't shift into the highest gear, and shifting into the lowest gear ended up with the chain jumping of the cassette and binding up between cassette and spokes. When riding the bike after the fall, the rear derailleur didn't look 100% straight.

I've, today, played around with adjusting the gears and while I can get them, at the micro adjustment limit, indexing ok, in the lowest gear the the rear derailleur pulley frame is touching the spokes.

At first I though I had maybe damaged the derailleur, but on closer inspection it looks ok, so I am now think I may have bent the drop out slightly. I have inspected the welds around the ends of the seat stays and chain stays and they all look ok.

I guess my questions are:

1) Is it possible to adjust the alignment of the lower pulley wheel? I can't see how it is!

2) Is it too much of a risk to try and force a slight `reverse' bend into the, removable, drop out? I don't feel comfortable doing this.

3) Anyone know of any good bike builders in Auckland NZ that could look at this, I know this is a long shot question. Am not sure whether I trust this to my LBS, or maybe I should!

Many thanks

Carlton

Last edited by ccinnz; 12-30-20 at 02:13 AM. Reason: photo added