Old 05-24-20, 04:05 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3243 Post(s)
Liked 2,091 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
So if I wanted to try out this trail from the southern end, where would I want to park the car and get on and how much does it avoid actual roads? From what I can tell I've ridden sections around briercliff heading north but we've skipped out on other areas south for fear of traffic especially due to kids and not really knowing how interconnected these trails are. We're looking to ride between 25-35 miles round trip and stay away from cars, realize there's always street crossing but hopefully they're well marked and have a nice memorial day ride. Any perspective on this?
Since the thread went on a tangent about the Harlem Valley Trail, I assume that’s what you are asking.

Southern end is immediately north of the Wassaic Metro North train station in Rt 22. The southern completed section ends at Millerton. There’s then a road detour for 8-9 miles till Under Mt. Road, where the trail picks up again and terminates just north of Copake Falls. I think total distance with the road detour is 23 miles one-way. The section from Wassaic to Millerton is 10.5 miles, all on trail. The road crossings are mostly quiet back roads. Millerton has a nice downtown, deli’s, etc...

More detail here; Harlem Valley Rail Trail ? Wassaic to Chatham or Bust