Old 11-14-18, 03:46 PM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Poppit
With bars I think it depends on your bike fit. I know of one guy who had to swap from Scattos to the alpina type of bar because he needed to be lower and the Scattos were too shallow, I know of others who want to go the other way. It isn’t all about the width.
Yep, agreed, and I also believe it's a good idea to try a couple of different bars and see what becomes the best combo of fit and aero. If aero is great, but you can't breathe, then the fit isn't dialed in for the specific person. Not everyone can have the same aero position, each person's fit is a little unique to them is what I've been learning. I'm really curious to feel what a very aero sprint position is like, to see if I can breathe well enough, or how much of a less aggressive position I personally would need to arrive at a balance.

I dialed in my TT road bike fit over months of tweaking, and may still need to get a little lower in the front end, but I'm nearly there. On the track bike, I'm starting all over again, and with one bike used for two purposes, it's two completely different fits. Kind of a fun project, really.