MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10152 Post(s)
Liked 5,843 Times in 3,147 Posts
Originally Posted by sfrider
I have a Stages left modified Ultegra R8000 crank. As PMs go reasonably priced, and good enough for my needs. My need is actually to convince myself I'm making progress when it feels like I'm not - that's when I'm prone to start working way too hard and get myself injured. But the numbers don't lie, so chill, recover, and let time work its magic.

What do you use to measure HRV? I've been considering getting on the WHOOP bandwagon, again not so much to optimize my efforts as to make sure I get enough recovery. I can of course feel my pulse and tell roughly where I'm at, problem is I don't know how reliable that is.
To give you some context, I am 63 and weak and probably don’t have a hell of a lot of progress to make.

I use an electrical ECG strap and Elite HRV, a free app. I looked at WHOOP, but the recurring costs weren’t worth it and I’m still not sure an optical system can give you accurate timing even with “genius” processing and hours of data. I don’t think they’ve published anything peer reviewed on it.