Old 12-04-19, 11:33 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
On my 60th birthday, 10 years ago, I raced a match sprint tournament at the velodrome all ages and was at the top of the B flying 200 meters. The entire gang sang Happy Birthday to me. It was pretty special. I do over 10 race days per year road and track and hope to get another 10 next year. I thought this thread was going to be about the number of races being offered were less. In SoCal, the number of promoted races are way down so it is a lot harder to race a lot.

I have always been drawn to the next level and I like to have events as goals to drive training. I can help with getting to the next level but downgrades are out of scope for me.

I think this organization is interesting. https://www.hauteroute.org They organize events globally and it seems like it could be fun and provide some juice that is not quite USAC racing but definitely not easy and needs an A game.

This is not a downgrade idea but more of a rebranding idea. Develop a strategy that keeps a cycling A game in both fitness and skill. You define what the A game is and apply to events if it suits you.
Likes For Hermes: