Old 05-31-16, 01:27 PM
RollCNY
Speechless

Bikes: Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience,

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts
Historically, I ride a portion of our MUP (Onondaga Lake Park) on my bicycle commute home. It will usually be about 4 pm, and the MUP denizens are walkers and roller bladers, and folks on MTB/hybrids, apparently out enjoying the day or exercising or whatever. I don't really care what they are doing, as I am just trying to survive my ride home.

Of late, one of our group ride members has moved out of the vicinity, and I will occasionally ride back toward his place with him post ride, and use the MUP to get home, at about 10 am weekend mornings. I have now encountered a new creature on the MUP, and it is the fully kitted road cyclist, on road bikes, either alone or in pairs, blasting along on the MUP, often with headphones in place. And they make me wonder:

1. Are these people like me, who are using the MUP as a point to point conveyance as part of a ride?
2. Will the sum total of their ride be on the MUP, and since it isn't a loop, going back and forth? Do they suit up specifically and solely to be on the MUP?

It doesn't make a difference, but it has crept in as a curiosity.