View Single Post
Old 12-04-23, 08:04 AM
bunyboy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jipe
Most scooters are heavier than folding bikes and have a limited range (don't trust what manufacturers claim, in real use, they do much less km/miles than claimed).

Folding bike manufacturers often underestimate the weight of their bikes, for scooters and EUC, they overestimate the km/mileages with one battery load.

To carry a folding bike, weight and size are important but the shape of the folded bike is also important, its one of the advantage of the Brompton and the Curl (+ clones of course).

Several folding bikes with easy wheels roll folded (Brompton, Birdy, Tern BYB...).

To roll on the bike wheels, the problem is always the rear wheel that can only turn in one direction without having the pedals also turning. So they can only be pulled in one direction (its the case of many Dahon, Tern and clones).
The BYB that can roll on its wheels or on easy wheels could be an option:
Thanks for this. I think it really is coming down to weight AND how they fold, so can be carried without it being awkward. My Dahon Mu Uno is very awkward to carry for more than a minute.

The wheeling option is helpful and definitely something I'll be looking for - but a lot of my carrying when folded will be up and down large flights of stairs and through busy stations, where wheeling might not be possible.