View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 10:31 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3453 Post(s)
Liked 1,452 Times in 1,131 Posts
Agree that the frame mounted pumps are not as good, but I still carry some of those pumps on some of my bikes since I have the pumps. Those are the bikes that are rarely more than 15 miles from home, so if I had a flat and could not get the tire fully pumped up, I can get enough pressure to get home. My road bike lacked a pump peg, but I use a velcro strap to hold the pump against the top tube, that works just as good as a pump peg. Even my rando bike that has a pump peg, I also use a velcro strap and if that bike goes for a long ride I can add a Lezyne Micro Floor Drive to the saddle bag.

Originally Posted by seeker333
Now if they could also delete the seatstay spare spoke carrier, that would be good too.
Not sure why you want it gone.

Originally Posted by ricrunner
I like the colour, my bike is black and although it does look good, a safety colour is what is needed these days for touring on the road with idiot drivers around. ....
Agree that highly visable colors are best, but when it comes to the bike frame, there is not much surface area, the panniers are a much better place to show high vis colors. I initially thought that a bright color frame would be safer, but after I bought a yellow frame, I concluded it did not add much.

I have however seen a couple fluorescent orange frames that really stood out on a carbon road bike with no panniers or bags, the carbon bike I am thinking of had really fat tubes so there was more surface area to show the paint.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: