Old 10-01-23, 10:46 PM
Tesgin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Planning 10 days in Italy: Solo or Organized Tour?

I'm hoping to do a 10-or-so day tour in Italy in May 2024. Thinking Umbria or Tuscany. Hotels, credit card tour kind of thing.

I'm torn with whether to just do it solo - choose some cities to bed in and explore on my own by bike. I am comfortable doing that in the U.S. (I'm from Pennsylvania). I've done a handful of tours on my own – e.g., the San Juan Islands – and it's comfortable to me and I enjoy it. I've never done it overseas though. Not sure if it's naive of me to expect to be able to pull it off so easily in Italy.

I'm not averse to doing it thru a touring company either. Luggage transfer, bikes provided, accommodations, etc., would make it convienient.

A complicating factor is my wife and a good friend of ours would like to do this with me, but neither bicycles. I'm finding it not easy to coordinate a sightseeing vacation on foot for them and by bike for me. It's like trying to plan two vacations and then coordinate them. Ugh. I've checked with some bike touring companies and haven't found any that work with a non-bicycling partner.

Would love any suggestions or tips or ideas to help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance,
Tesgin
Likes For Tesgin: