Old 01-03-17, 10:59 PM
PhilWinIL

Bikes: '74 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2005 Raleigh Grand Prix, a Sun EZ-1 Recumbent (90's vintage), Sun Sport recumbent 2020, 6KUBikes kit bike converted to e-bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Recumbent vs DF

I have not ridden a recumbent for long, but must say that after riding the Katy Trail on a Raleigh Grand Prix one year and then on a Sun EZ-1 recumbent the following year, the Sun won out on my preference. The EZ-1 is not the lightest weight bike, but is fun to ride. Maximum speed is around 15-18 with the gearing on it. With the KT and the gravel surface, speed was not that critical.

What I found was that the long grades you climb there are much easier with the bent. An added benefit is that your sitter doesn't get the pain like it did with the DF. I could walk with no problem with the EZ-1, and never had the numb arms either.

The EZ-1 came from Craig's List. From what my cousin and I have noticed, the lighter weight the recumbent is, the more it costs. Also, you can go for a longer distance without tiring on a 'bent that fits right. Make sure you size it to your body too.

Is it Spring yet?!

Phil