Old 05-30-19, 05:15 AM
mtbikerjohn 

Bikes: a few..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanAK
mtbikerjohn - great builds! Obviously a very versatile frame. But, if I buy a BMC Monster Cross or MCD... it won’t be that particular pink. Signal Yellow or maybe that blue for MC. Olive Oil for MCD.

Also... #bikesinkitchens. Ha!

djkashuba - that is a spectacular build. Seriously. Functionally just what I’m looking for. Is that the current blue color for the Monster Cross?

mongol - I like a lot about All-City, especially the fact that they did such a nice piece on the shop in Taiwan building their frames. Your praise has put the Gorilla Monsoon back on my list of frames. It’s an outlier since it’s pretty different from the rest, but it is certainly back in the running. Absolute top of budget for a frame though.

I’m impressed with the feedback y’all have given Mike and Black Mountain Cycles. One of those frames is a front runner. But I still want to see what I can find out about a few other possibilities. Specifically the VO Polyvalent and Surly Pack Rat.

This all might be a delaying tactic to see if a used NFE frame pops up... heh.

Yay, bikes!

R
Its funny when I bought my frame I originally wanted to get the British Racing Green colour that was the other choice for my series frame, but Mike had run out of my frame size in that colour. I wanted that frame and fork so bad I took a pink one instead,figuring there's always powder coat later...but its grown on me and the pink stands out while riding in traffic,to state the obvious. My favourite colours he did were the early generation root beer and black cherry. I do miss the top tube decal he used to put on that honoured the workers building his frames..mine didn't come with that and I was a bit bummed about that..I can't speak highly enough to the quality you get for the $$ and that Mike V. is such a class act guy to work with! Good luck in your search..