View Single Post
Old 05-31-19, 11:20 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,933 Times in 2,558 Posts
Originally Posted by mtbikerjohn

one of the many versions this has been...

My BMC Monstercross also is pink. The colour actually grows on you the longer you own it. My wife loves it and has named the bike Mr. Pink,after her dog,named for the character in the movie. It is the one bike I own that she "forbids" me to get rid of.... I have to agree..this bike is my favorite and the one that is the most versatile. Its been: an old school looking mountain bike with bullmoose bars, my commuter,with racks front and rear, my gravel bike,my road bike..lol

* As for pink, Mr. Varley's personal bike is pink I believe..which is one of the reasons he picked that colour..I think its a great choice..John
I like! My Peter Mooney has done fast club rides, days to 140 miles both geared and fixed, toured, served as an exquisite farmer's market bike, and done gravel both geared and fixed. Looks like your bike can do all of the above! (And being steel, if it needs a braze-on or two for the next adventure 25 years from now when that sweet pink is getting tired, no problem!)

Edit: How do you like those Gevenalle shifters? Can they run friction mode?

Ben