Old 07-14-19, 05:01 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaPau
Yes, that's a true and a very valid take; I am aware of that.
Unfortunately all the bike stores around my area have very little choice and all they have look like 'I wanna look like a racer/pro ' shoe.
Even at the Decathlon store nearby they only have models that don't feel right to me.

I don't have a car but perhaps I will take a longer journey to another town to visit with a bike store 'sightseeing' combined .... ;
or I will take the risk with an online store...

thanks for your input
I'll take a guess from the "Pau and Decathlon" that you are from France. Here in Canada, there are lots of good options of shoes that are reasonable to walk in, but have a stiff enough sole to be more comfortable pedaling. I personally use mountain bike shoes, that have very stiff soles and fit my feet really well, and I dont mind the look, but I have friends who use various ones like you are looking for.
Here in Montreal, we are lucky because there are many bike stores, so its not that hard to visit a handful of stores and try on many different shoe brands, styles and models.
The reason I mentioned so much about how diff shoes fit is that I am not a big guy, so some shoe brands are better for men with wider feet, and they are too wide for me--but looking at a photo on a website or even in person, you can't know this before trying.

back in the early 90s I did a bike trip, starting Toulouse, towards Carcassone, then following more or less the Pyrenees up and down various cols towards the Basque areas, then up to Bordeaux along Les Landes, then back to Toulouse. So I know your area a bit, and loved biking there, loved the Pyrenees.