Old 07-18-19, 12:33 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by badger_biker
Although maybe not meeting the OP's original criteria I agree with @Tourist in MSN about the comfort of this Keen model. I'm on my first season and have only used them sans cleats with toe clips but they have a nice stiff sole and are really comfortable both on and off the bike. After failing to keep my feet dry with several types of shoe covers in the past my intent is to use these with waterproof socks. I figure the sandal type uppers will dry quickly.
I now realize that on the Keen website, every size is listed as out of stock and they do not appear to be listed any more on their current models. I do not know if this means Keen is abandoning the cycling market or not, but at the moment that appear to no longer be available. I suspect that if anyone wants a pair, they should hurry up and look for a retailer that still has them in stock. If you order any, note the sizing comment on the manufacturers web site (link above) before you order.

I am not sure if they dry out that much faster, on my last tour I used some several-year-old Showers Pass overshoes on a rainy day to keep them reasonably dry. Most other shoe covers do not fit Keens very well. After a rainy day when I foolishly did not put on the shoe covers fast enough, I thought that they were slow to dry.

I use cleats with mine.