Old 06-10-20, 08:23 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Considering swapping my Race bike for an Aero bike. Thoughts?

Has anyone recently done it?

The current pandemic situation has given me a lot more time to ride & fortunately, reduced my usual expenses (thanks to teleworking!) to a point where I am now considering buying my ''dream'' bike.

I am a long term Giant fan, but not a Propel fan (never ridden one, just don't like the look that much). I like my current TCR Adv. Pro very much, but my ideal bike has always been a Scott Foil. Of course, I would be paying more for even quality since Giant has one of the best price/quality ratio of the industry.

Main reasons for wanting to change my current bike are 1) Aero frame to increase performance, 2) Scott Foil being a bike I always wanted, 3) Deeper wheels (looking for 50mm). I am looking at the Foil 10 2020 and the only thing I dislike about it is the cable routing that is non integrated to the stem. I am keeping my mind open to other brands even if I would really like to get a Foil.

-Scott Foil 10 (Ultegra DI2) = 8 299$

List of similar Aero bikes
-Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc (Ultegra DI2) - Power meter, speed & cadence sensor included = 6 199$
-Specialized Venge Pro (Ultegra DI2) = 10 299$
-Argon 18 Nitrogen Pro (Ultegra DI2) = 7999$

I am open to your comments / suggestions on the race to aero swap & on these bikes.

Last edited by eduskator; 06-10-20 at 09:55 AM.