Old 08-22-15, 07:46 PM
ColdCase

Bikes: Crosstrail Comp Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattyb13
Would love some advice from the Crosstrail minded members of this forum. I went for a 25 mile ride today, I ran something over and BAM... both triggers flat! SO, with that said I need to invest in tires. I like the trigger. I am not against getting the Triggers again. However... is there another tire I should be considering. I am 90% paved bike paths with my Crosstrail Expert disc. The occasional dirt path or road. I know there are 1000 forums on tires but I wanted to check with the members of this forum first before I put it out there to the masses that read these forums. Thanks.
I have similar rides. My Schwalbe Marathon Almotions with lightweight tubes have been working very well and I like them better than the triggers. I dunno how they would hold up to the debris field you ran over. They are "flat resistant" but not "flat proof". Their speed rating is higher than most other Schwalble tires. They are lighter than the trigger tire/specialized tube combo and do roll quite a bit easier without giving up dirt and stone traction. They were sold out at the US site, so I got them from the Bike-Discount Shop (Germany) at less than half the $$ of the US site.

Last edited by ColdCase; 08-23-15 at 05:11 PM.