Old 02-13-19, 10:06 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Car lite is a great option, especially if you have the work commute in your favour. Before moving to my current locale, which was great for schools for my kids but out of range for any commercial shops, I lived in a central location that basically allowed me to go car free weekdays and save the car for the weekends. Within a reasonable radius I had food shops, drugstore, city hall, library, coffee shop etc...

Depending on your long term goals you might look at making one day your big haul (costco) long distance vehicle run day and save on all the trailer/big dummy stuff. Even car free with one child I found a basic commuter bike and kid trailer combo sufficient. We had a Norco ABS 26" trailer that was pretty indestructable. I don't know about crime in your town but leaving an expensive hauling rig, even locked, in my locale would be a prime theft target for the homeless population who look for those things to haul their stuff on. I would need a super good lock for the bike and a lock for the trailer to the bike at a minimum.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 02-13-19 at 10:09 PM.