canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,803 Times in 1,801 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951
Do you find it difficult to consume enough calories in a day?
Happens. I was calorie and protein deficient in December-January. Complicated life stuff. Then the flu. Even minor illnesses and some medications can kill the appetite for some folks. For example, I have chronic asthma and allergies. Antihistamines, decongestants anti-inflammatories, etc., tend to suppress my appetite. So does the slight dizziness and nausea from congested sinuses and ears when I don't take those meds.

Felt weak, weight dropped a few pounds (I'm already close to my optimal weight) and I knew something was wrong. I tried an app to track my intake. Turned out I was getting only about 35-50 g protein and 1,500 calories a day. Ate when I felt hungry, it just wasn't enough. I was burning more than taking in and it finally caught up with me.

Bought some ready made supplement drinks -- Boost, Ensure, a few others, whatever was on sale. Seemed to help but they were expensive.

Broke out the Shark blender, tried some protein supplements (first vegan, now whey), added more calories. Helped.