Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 06-20-19, 11:31 AM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by RubeRad
I know, right? Necks get stronger, but still on long rides I get tired of holding my head up. My helmet has a visor, and I discovered that it is possible for me to lower my head for a while and see through holes in the visor. That works when there are long empty stretches and I don't need to be looking far ahead all the time.
I spent most of my exercise time, over the last few months, hiking some fairly strenuous and technical trails. My head was down through much of that, as in my heavier condition I was very careful about rocks and off-camber surfaces.
I don't plan on doing a lot of the longer rides in the short term, and will probably spend a few more weeks aiming for the more casual group rides, which oughta get my neck (as well as my kiester) better conditioned for riding.