Old 09-13-19, 10:42 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
700x38 slick GK or Teravail Rampart. Depends on how much gravel I want to hit across IN/ IL.

It might just become a fast ride, which is less gravel which leads me to the Slicks. 1200 miles max unless I cut it short. so 800 ish on the short side. Which if it becomes a fast ride that means the Tent stays home and it just becomes a bivy/hammock ride. Midwest ride. so plenty of water/food available. I am leaving it open ended

had a time window available. So I thought why not ride to the Katy trail, but ride to it also.

my number 1wheel choice would be Cantu 28 spoke asymmetrical straight pull spoke wheels (rebel or rova). however the Allroads are 1/2 that price and have the solid rim bed.

with cantu the balance scale tip towards the hooked rebel. as that allows for running a 700x35 bon Jon in future. I don;t think I want to run any compass tire on hookless wheels.

the only hang up with the allroads is being 20/24
FYI-Call Missouri State Parks and ask about the conditions (800-334-6946). This year with all the flooding and high water levels, the Mo state parks have gotten hammered with flooding.

https://mostateparks.com/advisory/79...ail-state-park

One of mi amigos organizes a ride out of Big Lake State Park...Well Big Lake and Rulo and that entire river valley have been flooded since March and are still flooded. Mo St Parks offered us full refunds on our camp reservations in March as they suspected (correctly) that the entire area would be a disaster area into 2020.