Old 09-13-19, 02:33 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,496 Times in 4,192 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
at this point I might just do the allroads to put a stop to the Reguritation of it can't be done.

Do you guys Happy feet /Marcus/mstateglfr want to make a friendly BF wager?

I'll do a 1200 mile loaded ride on the 20/24 spoke allroads. If I break a spoke I'll take a 3 month leave of silence on BF. If I don't break a spoke, then you 3 take a leave of silence from BF. or at least from the gravel section.

We will put our keyboards up for collateral to back our opinions.
What is your deal? Why are you challenging people who are simply responding tontuenquestions you posed?
If you dont like the responses, that isn't everyone's fault...especially when the responses are similar in nature. Perhaps theybare similar because the answers to your questions are good info.

Really not sure why you included me in your little bet- I never said you are doing anything wrong and I never said or even suggested the Mavic wheels are going to break.
My responses were general in nature for a reason- too many variables to give a difinutive response, yet you seem to have determined it was a definitive response. Odd.

As for your earlier dig at me with regards to speak sing money for compressionless brake housing, I appreciated the advice on the site and took it into account when making a decision. You seem to think that since it was about a $30 component, hesitating to spend money is a bad thing. First, I dont know why anyone wouldnt consider the cost of something when deciding what to buy. Even if price is 8th on the list of importance, it's a consideration because if itnwerent, then why ot spend even more money for the product? Second, my hesitation wasn't just money based- I would have to wait 4 days for the housing if I bought it so if it want a significant improvement over standard coil housing, i wouldnt have to wait.
You have a unique way of interpreting things to fit the argument you seem to want to have.

I dont want to take your bet because i dont think a spoke will break on this limited trip. I haven't said i think itll happen, i haven't suggested i think itll happen, and i would be surprised if it happens.
I simply asked what the upside of a low spoke wheelset is for bikepacking, and i provided a general setup that I would seek out. Doesnt seem aggressive to me, sorry if it seemed aggressive to you.