View Single Post
Old 01-26-17, 01:50 PM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ypsetihw View Post
you could just run it on friction, and then the shimano RD should work. you won't be able to use the indexing, but with 8 speeds that's not a huge issue. I would try it before you sink money into it, but at least the RDs are fairly inexpensive compared to the rest of the system. get a KMC 8 speed chain for like $15 and don't worry about it, they are cross compatible, and will shift perfectly on friction.

the saddle is crap (those vaders are like $10 on ebay) but the hoods and brakes look updated, and the pro 4 tires are good rubber. just looks like it needs pedals, cables, bar tape, and a saddle of your choice (and the chain of course).
Saddle is definitely crap. It's what was on the bike when I picked it up. It'll be changed before I even bother adjusting the seatpost height.

I have a set of 9 speed DA bar ends I thought about putting on and running as friction, but I kind of do want ergos. 8 speed Campy RDs aren't cheap though