Old 09-22-20, 11:56 AM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
Since for some reason I can't insert multi-quotes..

While you may bat you lashes at folks who spend 1k on wheels that's half price on most high end hoops.

Yes there are classic bikes you can build to be a Riv for less but no chit's are given

No rev's aren't aimed at the LCD bike people no matter how low he goes in price they still will complain.

No $400 in racks isn't too much if your thing is riding with crap on your bike no matter how much you hem haw and justify a stiff frame and good racks are required if you want to spend more than a day or two on your bike.

No I don't care that this is GCD this is an enthusiast website the same as OCN or Blade forums I type this from a $300 keyboard and carry a $500 knife every day both are cheap to enthusiasts, many if not most are not looking for the cheapest way to do something they're looking for the most satisfying way.

I love C&V bike but nothing mass produced during the "bike boom" will have the anything close to the quality of a modern Riv especially if it comes from the US or Europe.

Yes I can build an old bike to take big tires but some will take relocating the brake mounts, some will take new brakes, some will take funky seat posts and weird bars, and some will be perfect, but none will have a warranty.

Rivs aren't meant for the novice cyclist while I thought that a company whose cheapest frame is $1500 this fact would be obvious apparently it's not.

If you are a utility cyclist you don't need kit you ride with whatever you're wearing that's what Gp is saying.

If you think disc brakes, a composite frame, and kit to hop on the bike GP has an argument for you to listen to, we had a thread not two days after this one that asked what a someone should wear when performance isn't a priority and the answer is whatever you're wearing right now....just ride your bike