Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
Thank you
jfranci3
noodle soup

I just place me order this morning. It was weird to get the 3% off I had
to post my facebook page. oh wells.

I did this so my gravel bike can have two sets of rims ( one for gravel, one for road). I plan to kick
down my OEM road bike rims from my 2019 system six to my 2019 topstone
which has
Rims
WTB ST i23 TCS, 28h, tubeless ready
Hubs
Formula RX-512 12x100 front, RX-142 12x142 rear

Originally Posted by jfranci3
Sean -
1) 24 high end spokes are over kill for you. I think those fulcrum are 16f x 21r big spokes. Traditional rims are super shallow by todays standards - like 14mm deep vs your 35mm rim. That bigger rim is WAY stronger than the shallow rim. The higher end spokes are also a more resilient than the basic ones (1.5x stronger and 4x more durable). As a result, you don't need as many to get a stiff durable wheel. I'm 200lb, I've broken quite a few wheels, and I haven't had an issue on 24x24 bladed spokes on modern rims after lots of abusive miles. Anyway 24x24 is standard disc brake.

2) DT 350 are not a low end hub. The DT 240 is the same hub with 60gr more material machined off the hub shell. The 240 does use the new EXP mechanism in back, which is louder than the old one. 60gr on a 10% climb is equal to a .5w power difference. I'd get the 350 hands down. 60gr isn't worth $250 and quieter is better. For $24, you can do their flyweight and take 100gr off the rim, which is better than taking it off the hub.

3) Sales.... not really - you can scroll through here . It's usually just clearing out old stock with highend hubs. It'll be $100 off some $1100 combination. I've looked elsewhere, their prices are about the lowest you'll find. Tip= the NA versions of the wheel are more expensive, but you save a lot in shipping and wait time. Consider the NA build.

Originally Posted by noodle soup