View Single Post
Old 12-15-20, 11:48 AM
Nixhex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Just because it's a deal doesn't mean you have to buy it. We used to joke about a friend in back in our college days that bought five clothes irons because they were a "deal". Maybe she's used them all in the 45 years since. If so, I guess they were a good deal.

If you are like me and haven't bought a brand new bike in a while, then don't wait 41 years like I did. Save that five hundred dollars and double it a few times. Maybe in a year or two you can get a new bike with new components.

Just getting back to the ..... Talk me off the ledge part of your post.
I'm just getting into road cycling as of April/May of this year because I couldn't go to the gym, so I bought the Allez because it was inexpensive (paid $320 for it), and it allowed me to see what I think about road biking. At this point, I'm all in and I'm loving it. But because I'm new I don't really have a good idea of what it is I like in a bike yet, so I'm definitely trying out different bikes wherever possible.

That said, I also have to balance that against my other expensive hobby (most of the way through rebuilding an old Ford F100), and attempting to piss my wife off the least amount possible through all of it. So if I were to buy this bike, the Allez would be getting cleaned up and going on sale asap to try to cover the majority of the price difference.
Likes For Nixhex: