Old 12-15-20, 04:48 PM
aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
I'm super competitive when the other person is competing. Otherwise I could run up and cold-cock some dude and exclaim how tough I am. That's exactly what chasing down some grannie on her e-bike commuting to her volunteer job at the East Central Community Center is. You're basically tackling an 9 year old.

Seriously?

Either pin on a number or be quiet. You're not "Cat 3".

I need to say this again but chasing down people to pass them out on a bike ride when it's not in an actual race and they have no idea what you are doing is really goddamn weird. Creepy. It's like an old man telling a young girl to smile.

Gross.

I'm in Washington State too, we have 60 year old and even 70 year old age groups in most of our races. Now that you don't have the same "commitments" as you did when you were a wannabe, why not come out and test yourself next year? Then you can actually be a racer. And understand just exactly how slow you really are. And be forewarned, every person I've ever raced with in this state has been a mensch. Even showing up as a noob with a $600 REI bike I was still treated with respect and welcomed. So, how bout it? You gonna sign up and give it a go. You might learn something. Humility. Or better yet make some friends and support the local racing scene. We need it.

Last edited by aplcr0331; 12-15-20 at 05:05 PM.
Likes For aplcr0331: