View Single Post
Old 01-07-21, 12:15 PM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1453 Post(s)
Liked 2,196 Times in 963 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Just so that post doesn't get lost to time in that thread, this is what @brodycycle said:With that, please excuse me - have to call my bookie to make a bet that the OP will claim this isn't "enough" proof.

-Kurt
...and in taking a look at the brodycycle post, I dug a little deeper and spotted this post from T-Mar in the same thread!
T-Mar Shares Knowledge about Japanese Bicycle Manufacturing and Trading:
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Back when Weiner made the original contract for the Raleigh Grand Prix clones that became the Centurion LeMans, it was standard practice for Japanese manufacturers to do business with foreign companies through intermediaries known as trading companies, who actually did the exporting. Consequently, it's understandable why some would think that Tano was not a manufacturer. Howie Cohen of West Coast Cycle Supply mentions H. Tano & Sons as being an exporter.

However, Cohen himself reportedly dealt directly with Kawamura for his American Eagle and Nishiki brands so there were exceptions. While Tano was an exporter, they also had a manufacturing opertion based on old advertisments. It's possible that Tano operated in dual capacities for Centurion, as early mid and high end models have S/N consistent with Miki of Japan. Unfortunately, the Tano relationship is a still murky, though small bits of new information are periodically surfacing.
Does T-Mar demand that what he writes is Orthodoxy? In no conceivable way does he imply what he writes is infallible.

Originally Posted by Bianchi84
BFisher Thank you. That seems like a good note to terminate this thread on. (IMHO,of course).
Now why would we want to end this fun? T-Mar, who is always helpful and generous in his sharing of information, needs to be vindicated from the meddling the OP has attempted.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com

Likes For pastorbobnlnh: