View Single Post
Old 01-18-21, 05:12 PM
homelessjoe

Bikes: miyata 83 1000,84 1000,83 610,88 ridge runner ,Schwinn 84 high sierra,88 Cimmeron,86 Passage,84 Stumplumper ,83 Mt Whitney,83 Trek 850,Merckx Century,PX10, RB1,XO 1 XO 4,bunch of stuff like that

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 42 Posts
flippy

I collected bikes since 1960.....building them is like making artwork for me ...an enjoyable hobby.....but of course you must purge and sell some off so you have room to continue....in the past I sold mostly to collectors and builders who didnt really care if it had new tires and cable ..brakes etc....people looking for great vintage bikes....they know the potential.....that market will always be there.........but now since the lockdown everyone wants a bike they can take home and ride right now trouble free...and it has to be turn key clean and shinny fully adjusted.......I would say most dont want curly cue handle bars....or racing bikes......they mostly want city bikes comfort bikes cruisers hybreds mountain bikes.....something they can drive around the neighborhood......cushy seats............dont sell your vintage bikes to them.......can you see your mint condition 83 Stumpjumper or Vanilla or Moots or Black Phanthom or DeRosa driven around the neighborhood once or twice and then parked behind the shed for 20 years left to rot......just the thought makes me shudder