Old 07-22-19, 11:52 AM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingFever
And if you don't push the dosage to point of killing yourself. You can still end up ruining your bodies natural processes. Abuse thyroid meds or testosterone to the point that you stop producing it naturally and have to take the stuff the rest of your rest just to function as normal.

There is a reason this stuff is banned beyond the artificial enhancements they provide.

So true. My urologist has some stern warnings for me. I have low T. He said he can jack me up just like those advertisements on radio claim. He said there is an industry that is pushing these T levels of 800 plus. Note, according to him, low T is definable of a T level under 300 but he is more akin to say under 200.

Yep, he can get me there but there are major tradeoffs. As you said, once the injections start, I'm on it for life. Secondly, you body naturally ages and according to him, you brain says you need "x" amount of T. Once you go over that, the body's natural producer's start to shut down because the brain says you have enough. So, those organs that are producing the testosterone shutdown. Using my doctor's exact words, "your nuts will shrivel up like raisins one you push past your body's normal state."

Me attempting to be a wise old man said, "I think I will just let nature take its course." I did use the armpit roll on for about a year but the hoops you had to go through to get it cleared by my Insurance and then the fact that I really didn't see any performance changes along with my Doctors warnings (this was for the shots) made me say, forget it. Not worth the hassle.

I suppose if I was 35 and had low T, I might opt for a solution but being 63, it was a what the hell am I doing this for moment. 1-2mph on the bike is not worth the side effects.

john
Likes For rutan74: