View Single Post
Old 09-05-19, 10:19 AM
jimincalif

Bikes: '96 Trek 850, '08 Specialized Roubaix Comp, '18 Niner RLT RDO

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 86 Posts
I have the 2018 RLT RDO 4-star. The excelsports price is a really good deal for this bike. Sounds like the re-design is nice too. I don't need the bigger tire clearance, but I do think the 12mm thru-axle is better in the long run.

I bought a second wheelset for mine, November Bicycles RCG-36 wheels with DT Swiss 350 hubs. I had to use an external lockring on the front rotor, as the DT 15mm endcap OD is too big to fit a lockring-tool over it. I have about 1mm clearance between the lockring and the fork, so it works, but it is close. Other hubs might be better or interfere.

I run Schwalbe Pro One 30s on the RCGs and still have the OEM G One All Arounds on the OEM Stans wheels. I bought two 160 rotors and converted the front wheels to 160 - just have to flip the caliper mount over to move it up 10mm. The 140s on the back seem sufficient. I shimmed out the rotors on both the front and rear Stans wheels with one 1/4mm shim, so the rotor alignment between the two wheelsets is identical, very easy to swap wheels.