WorldIRC
Canadian eh?

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I'm still trying to find anything on the top tube. The cloth showing around the brake mount looks sort of intentional since it seems to have a clean and regular edge. I too have seen frames that show cloth through the finish coats on some bikes. With different finishes they might not be noticed in some light or when lit from certain directions. So missing it the first time or two you cleaned it wouldn't be unexpected. I've seen all sorts of things I never saw the first time.

The middle pic. Well that spot could be anything. I have all sorts of things get on both the back and front of my forks when riding. Is this missing clear coat that has exposed the layer below?

I've been told that Scott has a great customer service response when needed. So check with them directly if the LBS response isn't quite what you think it should be.

However be certain it's not just some protective coating that they didn't wash off the bike before giving it to you.

Where I've circled is not just light, its an actual difference in the finish now.