Old 12-04-19, 08:56 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
Made the Boston Globe (Yeah, you might not be able to get past the paywall, don't worry about it. Not much to see here other than what's reported everywhere.)

Except the very weak "local" angle is that she is "Grace from Boston." (No relation to @Jim from Boston?)

-mr. bill
I have been reading this thread, but with no intention to reply. But thanks @mr_bill for the nod, and for the reference to the Boston Globe. My wife does subscribe, and now have to read it though no relation to Grace from Boston.

Indeed, I’m surprised that such a seemingly un-PC ad would be launched in our People’s Republic though there is a Peleton store in the Prudential Center in tony Back Bay.
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
If you consider that the product is tailored towards an upwardly mobile, affluent class of women who are probably university educated, socially aware and well versed in feminist issues/concerns, I would say it's the target market correcting the messenger.

What? intelligent professional women don't like to be portrayed as not being in control of their own decisions or purchases? Surely someone that sells a social media product that relies on high connectivity did a study group first...
A woman professional in our organization, seemingly independent and “liberated” has in the past highly touted her Peleton to me.

My wife and I were active cycling tourists in the 70s and 80s
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…Our relationship was early on very bicycle-centered, including a cross-country cycling honeymoon, so she does not give me a hard time about continuing cycling.
I cycle commute and she rides the Charles River Bikepath and regularly works out, usually at Healthworks (a gym for Women).
Originally Posted by Kedosto
Pfft! So much fail. I'm buying my wife a vacuum cleaner for less than HALF the price of one of those lame Pelotons. Think of the exercise she'll get workin' that plastic beauty all over the house.

Gonna pick up a couple pairs of snazzy dish washing gloves as stocking stuffers too. She's gonna LOVE IT! Best. Christmas. Ever.

-Kedosto
Originally Posted by badger1
Why, that's a swell idea Ward! I'm sure the Missus is just gonna love it!
Originally Posted by livedarklions
So will you be moving the couch to go inside the doghouse in the guest room?
On occasion when asked what I'm buying my wife for special occasion, I reply, “a lovely ironing board cover.”

But seriously folks, I recently posted,
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…My wife and I have frequently gone dining and/or dancing in Malden [MA]. I have a new colleague at work and I learned he had previously lived in Malden.

When I told him we went there on almost every Saturday night, he replied, "Nobody goes to Malden."
˅˅˅˅

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 12-04-19 at 09:11 PM.